TLIC3045 Operate road rail vehicle
TLIC2054 Access rail track to run track vehicle within defined worksite
These units are mandatory requirements under the Rail Industry Worker scheme for anyone operating a road rail vehicle on the rail infrastructure.
Learners who successfully complete this course will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for the above units of competency.
This course is designed to provide the learner with the skills and knowledge to be operate a road rail vehicle under track protection rules in accordance with Safeworking procedures.
A selection of some of the topics covered in the course include:
- Performing pre and post-operational checks and identifying defects
- Identifying hazards and implementing suitable control measures
- Obtaining appropriate on-track permissions
- Types of Authorities used to allow access to the rail infrastructure
- The safe on & off tracking of road rail vehicles
- Operating road rail vehicles in accordance with manufacturers and Rail Infrastructure Managers procedures
- Problems that can occur when operating road rail vehicles
- Modifying activities depending on changes in the working environment
- The protocol to respond to an Emergency situation
The course is conducted over 2 days (dependant on previous experience). The course consists of theory which will be conducted face-to-face in the classroom and practical which is demonstrated, practised and assessed in a simulated environment.
Training is conducted at our Laverton training centre.
Learners must undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy assessment to assist in determining suitability.
Birth Certificate, Drivers Licence or Passport must be presented as evidence of ID.