The purpose of this program is to provide learners with the required skills and knowledge to operate a forklift truck safely and conduct Pre-use inspections. Learners who successfully complete this course, will be issued with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for the above unit of competency and will ensure learners are eligible to apply for their High Risk Work forklift licence.
TLILIC0003 Licence to operate forklift truck
Forklift High Risk Licence
On successful completion of this course, learners will have an understanding of:
- Your responsibilities as an employee and an operator
- Pre-planning the work, identifying hazards and ensuring the right machine type is selected
- Implementing suitable hazard control measures
- Complete a Safe Work Method Statement
- How to carry out pre-start and post operation inspections
- Safe working practices for effective forklift truck operation
- How to check assess the weight of a load
- Emergency procedures
- Responding to unplanned or unsafe situations
- Shut down & securing of a Forklift Truck
The course is conducted over 2 days and consists of theory and practical elements. The theoretical components will be conducted face-to-face in the classroom and all practical elements will be demonstrated, practised and assessed either in a simulated environment or approved workplace.
Training can be conducted at one of our training centres or on your premises provided certain requirements are met.
Learners must be over the age of 18 to be eligible to undertake a HRW assessment.
Learners must undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy assessment to assist in determining suitability.
All assessments must be carried out in English.
Birth Certificate, Drivers Licence or Passport must be presented as evidence of ID.