Learners who successfully complete this course, will be qualified to carry out Entrant, Attendant or Entry Supervisor duties and will be issued with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for the above unit of competency.
RIIWHS202E Enter and work in confined spaces
Enter & work in confined spaces
The purpose of this program is to provide learners with the required skills and knowledge to enter and work safely in confined spaces.
On successful completion of this course, learners will have an understanding of:
- Identifying what constitutes a confined space
- Types of air contaminants and toxic gases
- Identifying hazards and implementing control measures
- Types of breathing apparatus and their limitations
- Permit systems
- Securing and making safe the worksite on completion of work
The course is conducted over 8 hours and includes theory and practical. The theoretical components will be conducted face-to-face in the classroom and all practical elements will be demonstrated, practised and assessed in a simulated environment or approved workplace location.
Training can be conducted at one of our training centres or at your premises providing it meets the relevant criteria.