Applicants who successfully complete this course, will be issued with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for the above unit of competency and will ensure learners are eligible to apply for their High Risk Work WP Licence.
TLILIC0005 Boom Type EWP Over 11 Metres
Boom Type EWP Over 11 Metres
Licence to operate a boom-type elevated work platform (boom length 11 metres or more)
The purpose of this program is to provide learners with the required skills and knowledge to operate a boom-type elevating work platform with a boom length 11 metres or more safely and conduct Pre-use inspections.
You will be taught:
- Your responsibilities as an employee and an operator
- Pre -planning the work, identifying hazards and ensuring the right machine type is selected
- Implementing suitable control measures
- Complete a Safe Work Method Statement
- How to carry out pre-start and post operation inspections of the machine
- Harness inspection and correct fitment
- Good practice for setting up and travelling an EWP
- Sound techniques for safe EWP operation
- How to check ground suitability
- Emergency procedures
- Correctly securing and stowage of the EWP
he course is conducted over 2 days and includes theory and practical elements. The theoretical components will be conducted face-to-face in the classroom and all practical elements will be demonstrated, practised and assessed either in a simulated environment or approved workplace location.
Training can be conducted at our Laverton training centre or on your premises provided certain requirements are met.
Learners must be over the age of 18 to be eligible to undertake a HRW assessment.
Learners must be comfortable with working at heights to be able to complete the practical assessments.
Learners must undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy assessment to assist in determining suitability.
All assessments must be carried out in English.
Birth Certificate, Drivers Licence or Passport must be presented as evidence of ID.